Parents of students at Eastwood can now listen to and help students with reading homework online!
Eastwood grades 1 to 5, CONGRATULATIONS! You have access to a wonderful world of books through www.raz-kids.com because our school has subscribed to the online library of exciting reading materials. Raz-Kids helps students improve their reading skill as they listen to a book read for modeled fluency. Then, if the computer has microphone function, they can record themselves reading the same book. Or, students can read the book to themselves or aloud for practice. Interactive quizzes are available at the end of each book to check for understanding.
Here is how to access the website and your child’s reading assignment from any computer connected to the Internet:
1. Go to www.raz-kids.com from you Internet browser and click LOG ON.
2. Type in the username _________________ and click GO.
3. Find your name or symbol ___________________ on the chart and
click on that symbol.
4. Enter a password if prompted.
5. The books in your child’s assignment and stars earned appear on a personal assignment page. Your child can choose to listen, read, or take a quiz by clicking on the symbols below each book. If worksheets have been assigned, these will be sent home by the teacher. Remember, the more your child reads, the better reader he or she will become!