Community members! Please join us for a great night of visiting and learning at Eastwood.
Our newest family members are welcome to tour our entire campus from 5:30 pm -7:00 pm.
Please join us!
"Get on the bus, Everyone is a Leader"
Help us out! Spread the word! Eastwood is officially applying for the Indigo / Chapters Love of Reading Grant.
With the 100 thousand dollar grant we will:
1. Ignite our Love of Reading by increasing our text and print content in the school:
- Rebuilding our Classroom Libraries in every room in the school!
- Adding 20 Kobo eReaders to our Eagle View World Cafe
- Move from 8000 books in the Learning Commons to 12000 books
- Move from 2 dozen duel language books to 300 for our families to show literacy skills in their native language
- Continue to build our Teacher’s professional resource section of the Learning Commons
- Continue to build our Guided Reading resources
- Continue to build on our parent lending library
2. Build our Love of Reading Culture at home and school:
- Create 4 classroom kits in every classroom equipped with a Flip Camera, books and a board game so students can record learning with parents
- The video will be captured for display in the school
- This home connection will truly cultivate a love of reading at home
3. Provide Plasma Gliders for our after school reading and tutoring programs healthy living component.
How can you help? Simple….spread the word by:
- Talking about the great things we are doing at Eastwood.
- Talking about the Indigo Grant: Love of Reading
- Join the Love of Reading Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/loveofreading?ref=ts&v=wall
- Follow @IndigoLOR on Twitter and let them know!
- Watch the Video:
Wednesday, February 2, 2011.
Our school is closed today. Please listen to am800 for more information in the future.
Parents and Community Members:
Severe winter weather is anticipated for our region overnight and into tomorrow. Please monitor local media for the latest information.
If buses are cancelled for Wednesday, the announcement will be made, as usual by 6:30 tomorrow morning. If the weather is bad enough to require school closure, that information will be forwarded to our media partners, for broadcast, and posted on our website as soon as the decision is made.