Help us out! Spread the word! Eastwood is officially applying for the Indigo / Chapters Love of Reading Grant.
With the 100 thousand dollar grant we will:
1. Ignite our Love of Reading by increasing our text and print content in the school:
- Rebuilding our Classroom Libraries in every room in the school!
- Adding 20 Kobo eReaders to our Eagle View World Cafe
- Move from 8000 books in the Learning Commons to 12000 books
- Move from 2 dozen duel language books to 300 for our families to show literacy skills in their native language
- Continue to build our Teacher’s professional resource section of the Learning Commons
- Continue to build our Guided Reading resources
- Continue to build on our parent lending library
2. Build our Love of Reading Culture at home and school:
- Create 4 classroom kits in every classroom equipped with a Flip Camera, books and a board game so students can record learning with parents
- The video will be captured for display in the school
- This home connection will truly cultivate a love of reading at home
3. Provide Plasma Gliders for our after school reading and tutoring programs healthy living component.
How can you help? Simple….spread the word by:
- Talking about the great things we are doing at Eastwood.
- Talking about the Indigo Grant: Love of Reading
- Join the Love of Reading Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/loveofreading?ref=ts&v=wall
- Follow @IndigoLOR on Twitter and let them know!
- Watch the Video: