We are anticipating a great day of weather for Track and Field!
1) Meet will begin at 8:45 a.m. after announcements and "O Canada." Students will go directly to their events. Students will have an area where they can put their backpacks, snacks, water etc.
2) Expectations outside while waiting for events: play basketball, soccer, knit, read, play cards, watching track and field events etc. Appropriate behaviour at Eastwood is an expectation.
3) BATHROOMS- The only door to be open is the Grade 3/4 Door, students will use this door to access washrooms.
4)“Quiet Room” passes and “Bathroom” passes will be given if we feel students need to be removed from outside, the Quiet room is in the Learning Commons room. When Mr. Dubeau or Mr. Cowper feels the student is ready to go back, they will send them with your Quiet room pass.
5) If students have a field event and a running event at the same time: Students must report to the field event teacher first to let them know they have a running event and will return as soon as they are done running. They still get to do their jumps, sometimes we have to wait.
6) Garbage and recycling: Containers will be outside near the intermediate doors.
7) LUNCH: Students and teachers will come in from 12:30 -1:10 p.m. Students in grade 3- 8 will stay in during this time to eat their lunches. We will treat this as an indoor recess to give the students a break from the sun. The primary student’s lunch hour will stay the same.
8) The games will begin again at 1:10 p.m. after attendance has been taken. Dismiss your students when you are ready.
This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email, delete this email and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal. Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and are not endorsed by the author’s employer.
Greater Essex County District School Board